The Strider ST-4 employs the famous Strider No-Pedal concept, but utilizes a variety of new parts and features to elevate the bike to a whole new level. From enhanced mechanical parts like sealed cartridge bearings to more comfortable handlebar grips and improved tire tread, the new Strider ST-4 addresses every aspect of a child’s riding experience.
Healthy kids develop essential motor skills early in life and new Strider ST-4 takes it to a whole new level. If your child can walk then he/she can ride a Strider balance bike. The Strider ST-4 balance glide bike is exclusively designed for children 18 months-5 years of age and will teach your child balance, coordination and confidence. Strider bikes are lightweight, easy to control and have two key features that other balance bikes don’t have; a low center-of-gravity adjustable seat range and adjustable handlebars heights. These are important features as your child becomes familiar with learning to ride a bike and provides them ample grow room as they becomes older.
Due to its distinctive design, the Strider balance bike is steady, stable and safe. There may be a slight feeling of instability the first time your child gets on a Strider bike, but your child will instinctively place his/her feet securely on the ground. This provides your child with a sense of control. With their feet securely on the ground your child can control how fast or slow he/she want to go and gives them the instant ability to stop when needed. With a Strider balance bike you will never have to worry about "tricycle tip-overs" or "training-wheel wobbles" that can stir-up fear, hesitancy or dislike of bike riding.
New Features of the 2013 Strider ST-4:
- Sealed Cartridge Bearings are replacing the former cup and cone bearings previously found on the ST-2 and ST-3 models. The new sealed cartridge bearings roll smoothly and are maintenance-free for years of Strider riding.
- A new Tire Tread Pattern makes its debut this year. The tread is placed closer together for low rolling resistance on hard surfaces, while still providing multiple knobs for all terrain grip improving Strider bike handling and stability.
- A new Powder Coat Finish replaces last year’s baked enamel paint. The new coating is longer lasting and provides a more durable finish.
- Black electrodeposited paint on the ST-4 seat post adds scratch resistance, and the Quick Release clamps are finished with black anodization. Both enhance the sleek Strider look and uniform design.
- New graphics make their debut on the 2013 footrest and handlebar pad, complementing the racing style of the Strider ST-4 bike.
- Softer durometer grips for more comfortable feel on toddlers’ little hands.
- New Packaging - introducing the 2013 Strider brand and trade dress, created to match the clean and simple, updated Strider product design.
Features & Benefits
- Super light. Less than 7 pounds (about 1/2 the weight of a tricycle or typical 12" pedal bike with training wheels).
- Unique frame design has integrated Launch Pad footrests for gliding and learning advanced riding skills.
- Puncture-proof all-terrain EVA polymer tires. Molded wheels with sealed bearings and 8mm steel axles.
- Durable welded steel frame, fork, and handlebars.
- 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects.
- Adjustable handlebar and seat height to fit riders from 30" to 44" tall.
- Includes a Handlebar Quick-Clamp Release for adjusting the Handlebar with no tools.
- Seat height adjusts from 11" to 16" from ground.
- Includes a Seat Quick-Clamp Release for adjusting the Seat with no tools.
- Includes a Strider Handlebar Pad that adds extra protection and cool motocross styling.
- Tested and Certified to be compliant with the strict new federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act.
- Rider weight limit of 60 pounds.
- The Strider's assembly is a breeze (less than 5 minutes).
- The Strider gives your child a safe and confident bike riding experience.
- Free shipping on all Strider bikes.